This is a rare and exciting opportunity for an ambitious colleague to join the school’s Senior Leadership Team as its first Deputy Headteacher. We are seeking a talented individual who is excited by the opportunity to assist the Head of School and Executive Headteacher shape the vision, values and curriculum of the school.
Orsett Heath is a relatively new and thriving mixed 11-16 comprehensive school. As a new school, we opened our doors to welcome our first pupils in 2020. Since then the school has proved popular with parents and pupils and we are oversubscribed in all three current year groups. We have created a successful school which pupils and staff are incredibly proud of. In the summer of 2024 we move into our new £37m school building adjacent to our current purpose built accommodation at Thurrock Rugby Club. When full, the new building will have 1200 pupils and be amongst the largest in Thurrock. We are looking for highly motivated, talented and ambitious staff who share our inclusive ethos and who want to help us grow over the coming years. Specific responsibilities will be discussed upon appointment.
You will be:
- Committed to the Trust’s vision and values
- At the forefront of education practice
- Inspirational and innovative
- An outstanding teaching practitioner
- A proven leader and manager
- Experienced in curriculum design and delivery
- Experienced in professional development and training
- Able to plan and think strategically
- An excellent communicator.
We are a Multi Academy Trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting. We believe that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Executive Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salary and relocation packages with a defined benefits pension scheme
- Significant and attractive benefits package
If you would like to discuss this exciting opportunity further with the Head of School or Executive Headteacher, please contact Barbara Thompson, at [email protected]
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.