As the new Orsett Heath Academy continues to grow, we are looking to recruit a appoint an effective and experienced school Site Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team prior to the move into our new £30m school building in September 2023. A site assistant is required to ensure that the school’s buildings, learning environment and other facilities are maintained and operate to the highest possible standard of provision.
This position is to be mainly based at Orsett Heath Academy, the proposed hours will be 10am to 6pm (to be confirmed in discussion with the successful applicant). There will be some cover required at William Edwards School which will involve additional shift work, this will include some early starts, late finishes or weekend work. When Orsett Heath transfers to its permanent site, shift work will be required on a rota basis as the team grows.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a background in grounds maintenance a combination of some of the following; electrical, plumbing, carpentry and decoration skills would be an advantage
- Have caretaking experience ideally in a school setting
- Be hard-working, resilient and able to respond positively to competing demands
- Be an adaptable and confident team player
Why Orsett Heath Academy?
Orsett Heath Academy opened in 2020 with 120 Year 7 Pupils. We are oversubscribed in both Year 7 and Year 8. In 2023 we will move to our new school building. The school is currently located in purpose built accommodation at Thurrock Rugby Club, adjacent to the final school site. The school will grow to be a large community 11-16 school with 1200 pupils. We have assembled a highly motivated and able staff team and are looking for people who share our values to help us grow.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which is a multi-academy trust that was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. Our colleagues are critical to achieving this vision and securing the best futures for our young people.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Generous leave entitlement
- Reduced gym membership at the school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- Local pension scheme membership
- A health and wellbeing package
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.