This is an exciting opportunity for a Payroll Manager to join our centralised HR team based at the Trust’s head office located at William Edwards School in Thurrock. You will have a key role in the HR team which was established to support our schools with their HR and payroll needs 3 years ago. As our Payroll Manager you will be:
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and administration of payroll for our schools and the central team including line management of an HR Assistant (Payroll);
- The primary point of contact for our external payroll bureau provider;
- A key member of the project team responsible for the implementation and thereafter day-to-day management of a fully integrated HR and payroll system.
You will have proven payroll management experience within an education setting. You will also have extensive experience of payroll and HR systems, with experience of Civica (Carval) being desirable. You will hold the professional qualification status of Chartered Member of CIPP and/or CIPD with excellent maths and English skills.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. Our colleagues are critical to achieving this vision and securing the best futures for our young people.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced HR Director;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for and would relish the opportunity to be part of our central HR team, we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like a conversation with our HR Director about this exciting opportunity, please contact us on: [email protected] / 01375 4860000.
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.