Learning Support Assistant – Specialist
Pay Range: Scale 4 (£19,877 – £21,301)
Position Start Date: January 2023
Contract Type: 36 hours per week, term time only
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 28th November 2022
This post offers an excellent opportunity to work in a strong SEND department in our highly successful academy which holds a good Ofsted status. The core purpose of the role is to provide support to pupils with severe learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties. We are open to different specialisms which can be explored at interview.
Applicants should be experienced in working with students with special educational needs and be hardworking, enthusiastic and have a high level of commitment and ability to focus on fostering the teaching and learning and personal development of students. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
We are looking for:
- An engaging person with the ability to interest, encourage and motivate children when supporting their learning and development
- An excellent team worker, who can work closely with class teachers and support them with their planning, preparation and assessment activities
- A person with the ability to support individual pupils, groups or whole classes to help them make excellent progress
Why Marshalls Park Academy?
Marshalls Park Academy is located in Romford, London Borough of Havering and is at an exciting time as the academy has grown to be one of the largest in the borough. Our vision is to ensure that all of our students are enabled to achieve to the very best of their ability and beyond. We will achieve this by ensuring that every lesson counts; through good and outstanding teaching and focusing on the individual needs of each and every student.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- Competitive salaries
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school
- Becoming part of a growing organisation
- A health and wellbeing package
- A two week October half term.
Please return your completed application form to:
C/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.