Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Pay Range: Grade C (£13,656 – £16,040)
Position Start Date: January 2023
Contract Type: 25 hours and 25 minutes a week / term time (37weeks)
Contract Term: Permanent.
Application Close: 23rd November 2022
Why Chadwell St Mary Primary School?
Chadwell St Mary Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, caring and enthusiastic Higher Level Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. This is a great opportunity for an established Higher Level Teacher or a highly experienced Teaching Assistant looking to build on their knowledge and skills. The successful applicant must be able to work with small groups and support the class teacher with any classroom duties that may be required, including delivering whole class lessons.
We are an Ofsted Good school with effectiveness of leadership and management being noted as a strength “The executive Headteacher and head of school lead the school’s work with resolve and determination. They have established a culture of aspiration for pupils’ learning and behaviour. All members of staff who responded to Ofsted’s online survey say they are proud to work at the school.” Ofsted May 2019
- be experienced in working with primary aged pupils
- be confident to deliver small group interventions
- have experience in delivering whole class lessons
- have the ability to create positive learning environments
- have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
- have a strong and caring personality and is calm, patient and firm
- have good organisation and communication skills
- will be committed to providing a ‘child-centred nurturing’ ethos, collaborative team-work and flexible working.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Senior Leadership Team;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Please return your completed application form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.