Department Leader of Food Technology
We are seeking a highly motivated, ambitious and skilled classroom practitioner to lead our growing Food Technology team. The department is very well resourced and benefits from having the support of a Food Technician. Food Technology is a popular choice in Key Stage 4 and pupil outcomes are strong.
The applicant must be able to nurture a passion for studying Food Technology at all levels of ability and be an individual committed to the highest expectations of attainment for all. The curriculum is well considered and provides an extremely solid base from which to extend the ‘inspirational learning’ mantra of the school.
Why William Edwards?
William Edwards is a large, successful, harmonious and thriving mixed 11-16 comprehensive school. Pupil outcomes across the school are historically strong. However, attending William Edwards is about so much more than just GCSE outcomes. We firmly believe that school days should be the best days of your life and that schools have a moral purpose to extend the life experiences of their pupils. That is why we boast the largest Duke of Edinburgh cohort of any school in the East of England and we are also one of only two schools in the East of England to hold the Arts Mark Platinum Award. Character education and providing a wealth of different experiences to our pupils is important to us.
We were delighted that our last Ofsted inspection report noted that “pupils who spoke to inspectors were effusive about their experience in school” and that “the breadth of curriculum opportunities available at the school is a real ‘gem’ in the school’s offer to its pupils”.
You will be:
- Committed to the Trust’s vision and values
- At the forefront of education practice
- Inspirational and innovative
- An outstanding teaching practitioner
- A proven leader and manager
- Experienced in curriculum design and delivery
- Experienced in professional development and training
- Able to plan and think strategically
- An excellent communicator.
We are a Multi Academy Trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting. We believe that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salary and relocation packages with a defined benefits pension scheme
- Significant and attractive benefits package
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.