Pay Range: Scale 6: £14,116 – £14,961 (21 hours & 15 minutes) / £23,249 – £24,642 (35 hours)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Minimum of 21 hours & 15 minutes / Maximum of 35 hours per week, term-time only, 7am start
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 7th November 2022
Why Marshalls Park Academy?
Marshalls Park is an expanding Ofsted ‘Good’ secondary school based in Romford, Essex and we are seeking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and experienced Cover Manager to join our friendly and supportive team. They will manage all cover arrangements and support the delivery of high quality learning experiences and assist in the support and development of students throughout the School. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
As a Cover Manager, you will have experience of:
- Planning and/or preparation of cover lessons and the materials and resources needed.
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy.
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil’s progress against lesson plans, conduct of the lesson. Keeping pupil related records.
- Reporting pupil and school issues in line with the School’s policies for health and safety, child protection, behaviour management etc.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which is a multi-academy trust that was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. Our colleagues are critical to achieving this vision and securing the best futures for our young people.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email [email protected]
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service