Nursery Teaching Assistant
Vacancy: Nursery Teaching Assistant
Pay Range: Grade B (15,891 – £17,940 pro-rata)
Position Start Date: January 2023
Contract Type: 33 hours 20 mins per week, term time (37 weeks a year)
Contract Term: Fixed term initially until 31st August 2023
Application Close: Wednesday 23rd November 2022 midday
Interviews: Monday 28th November 2022
Stifford Clays Primary School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and supportive Nursery team. They will support the delivery of high quality learning experiences throughout the Nursery stage.
- be experienced in working with Nursery-aged pupils.
- have a strong knowledge and experience of working with children with special educational needs
- be confident to deliver small group interventions
- have the ability to create positive learning environments
- have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
- have a strong and caring personality and be calm, patient and firm
- have good organisation and communication skills
- will be committed to providing a ‘child-centred nurturing’ ethos, collaborative team-work and flexible working
Why Stifford Clays Primary School? We are a community-focused school for 2 to 11 year olds, located centrally in the Stifford Clays ward of Thurrock. We serve a diverse community and welcome all children who live in the local area. The original infant and junior schools were built in 1954 and were one form of entry. The school has grown hugely to accommodate 90 children in each year group.
Stifford Clays Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school. We are an Ofsted ‘good’ school (2016 full inspection; 2019 Section 8 inspection) where “Staff and pupils work as a team with a ‘can-do’ attitude.” and “In lessons, most pupils try hard and enjoy learning. They are keen to do well.” (Ofsted 2019).
This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. We will offer the successful candidate:
- The support of an experienced Head Teacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Please return your completed application form to:
c/o William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex RM16 3NJ
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.