Teaching Assistant – Trust Primary Schools
Position Title: Teaching Assistant – Trust Primary Schools
Pay Range: Grade B (£13,012 – £14,574 pro-rata)
Position Start Date: January 2023
Contract Type: 25 hours, term time (37 weeks a year)
Contract Term: Fixed-term linked to funding until August 2029
Application Close: 6th January 2023
SWECET is looking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant for an exciting opportunity to support the delivery of high quality learning experiences across our 3 Ofsted ‘good’ primary schools in Thurrock: Chadwell St Mary Primary School, Deneholm Primary School and Stifford Clays Primary School. The successful candidate will work in partnership with class teachers to support learning in line with the national curriculum, codes of practice and school policies and procedures. They will provide support to pupils in a particular curriculum area across the school or support pupils with severe learning, behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties.
As a Teaching Assistant you will;
- be experienced in working with primary aged pupils.
- be confident to deliver small group interventions
- have the ability to create positive learning environments
- have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
- have a strong and caring personality and is calm, patient and firm
- have good organisation and communication skills
- will be committed to providing a ‘child-centred nurturing’ ethos, collaborative team-work and flexible working
We are a multi-academy trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Executive Headteacher and Head of Schools;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email [email protected]
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.