As the new Orsett Heath Academy continues to grow, we are looking to recruit a Teaching Assistant to join our SEND department prior to the move into our new £30m school building in April 2023. The core purpose of the role is to assist in the support and development of students throughout the Academy. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
We are looking for:
- An engaging person with the ability to interest, encourage and motivate children when supporting their learning and development
- An excellent team worker, who can work closely with class teachers and support them with their planning, preparation and assessment activities
- A person with the ability to support individual pupils, groups or whole classes to help them make excellent progress
Why Orsett Heath Academy?
Orsett Heath Academy opened in 2020 with 120 Year 7 Pupils. We are oversubscribed in both Year 7 and Year 8. In 2023 we will move to our new school building. The school is currently located in purpose built accommodation at Thurrock Rugby Club, adjacent to the final school site. The school will grow to be a large community 11-16 school with 1200 pupils. We have assembled a highly motivated and able staff team and are looking for people who share our values to help us grow.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET as the Trust has recently grown to 6 schools. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Executive Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.