William Edwards School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. They will support the delivery of high quality learning experiences and assist in the support and development of students throughout the school. This is a great opportunity to help pupils gain the academic skills, social skills and knowledge for successful futures. Here, you can benefit from a wealth of experience, training opportunities and a supportive, collaborative spirit.
What we are looking for:
- An engaging person with the ability to interest, encourage and motivate children when supporting their learning and development
- An excellent team worker, who can work closely with class teachers and support them with their planning, preparation and assessment activities
- A person with the ability to support individual pupils, groups or whole classes to help them make excellent progress
Why William Edwards School?
William Edwards is a large, successful, harmonious and thriving mixed 11-16 comprehensive school. Pupil outcomes across the school are historically strong. However, life at William Edwards is about so much more than just GCSE outcomes and we understand and value the importance of pupil-centred education. We are proud of our national reputation for sport, the arts are extremely strong and we are proud to boast the largest Duke of Edinburgh Award cohort of any school in the East of England. We are one of only a small number of secondary schools nationally to hold both the Artsmark Platinum and the Youth Sports Trust Gold Award for our work in these diverse fields.
Following the school’s most recent inspection in May 2019, Ofsted said that “pupils who spoke to inspectors were effusive about their experience in school” and we are delighted that our recent inspection captured our considerable strengths in teaching, pastoral care, behaviour, pupil support and curriculum. We are pleased that these ‘cornerstones’ of high quality education remain strong at the school.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET as the Trust has recently grown to 6 schools. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. If you would like to discuss the school and the role with the Headteacher please email [email protected].
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email r[email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.