As the new Orsett Heath Academy continues to grow, we are looking to recruit a appoint an effective, enthusiastic and experienced Science Technician to join our friendly and supportive team prior to the move into our new £30m school building in April 2023. The successful candidate will provide an effective support to the teaching staff within the subject, operating both independently and as part of a team, within agreed procedures and timescales, and forming good working relationships with both staff and pupils.
As a Science technician, your tasks would include;
- Preparing, setting up and checking equipment
- Supporting teaching staff and students during lessons
- Supporting technician staff
- Putting away equipment after lessons
- Ensuring a safe environment
- Organising and storing equipment and checking stock
- Repairing, maintaining and modifying equipment
- Maintaining stock checks
- Administrative tasks
Why Orsett Heath Academy?
Orsett Heath Academy opened in 2020 with 120 Year 7 Pupils. We are oversubscribed in both Year 7 and Year 8. In 2023 we will move to our new school building. The school is currently located in purpose built accommodation at Thurrock Rugby Club, adjacent to the final school site. The school will grow to be a large community 11-16 school with 1200 pupils. We have assembled a highly motivated and able staff team and are looking for people who share our values to help us grow.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET as the Trust has recently grown to 6 schools. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Executive Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.