Deneholm Primary School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, enthusiastic and talented Cover Supervisor to support the delivery of high quality learning experiences. This is a great opportunity for an established Cover Supervisor or a highly experienced Teaching Assistant looking to build on their knowledge and skills.
As a Cover Supervisor, you will have experience of:
- Supervising work that has been set in accordance with the school policy.
- Providing feedback to the classroom teacher on the pupil’s progress against lesson plans, conduct of the lesson. Keeping pupil related records.
- Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies according to the school’s policies and procedures.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Providing additional support to teachers in classrooms, to carry out administrative tasks when not covering a class.
- Acting as a role model, setting high expectations of conduct and behaviour.
- Reporting pupil and school issues in line with the School’s policies for health and safety, child protection, behaviour management etc.
Why Deneholm Primary School?
At Deneholm Primary School, we aim to give all our pupils the best possible start. We are committed to developing the whole child and aim for excellence so that all pupils are ready for their next stage in education and can confidently take their place in modern Britain. We are very fortunate to be able to offer Nurture Provision for those children who need this valuable support.
We are an Ofsted ‘Good’ school (2018) where “pupils are keen to do well and respond to teachers with enthusiasm across a range of subjects” and “leaders provide training and support to help teachers develop to the highest standard”. Our personal development, behaviour and welfare is ‘outstanding’.
At South West Essex Community Education Trust, we are passionate about providing the best start in life for our pupils. We are united in the belief that every young person needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
We place our pupils’ needs at the heart of everything we do and support our colleagues in delivering high-quality education. Our vision is to establish a national reputation for the quality of education we provide.
Our academies are united by the things that make us both similar and unique – the DNA that ties us all together. The SWECET DNA is made up of the following components: Developing our people, Nurturing our differences, and Aspiring for excellence.
We believe that our colleagues are our most precious resource to provide high-quality learning experiences for all our pupils. Our colleagues work hard to support teams in their own schools and across the Trust and in return, the SWECET Wellbeing Charter sets out our actions to support our colleagues.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please email [email protected].
Please return your letter of application and completed form to HR Department, SWECET c/o William Edwards School, Stifford Clays Road, Grays, Essex, RM16 3NJ or email [email protected].
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers, online checks and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.