Behaviour Support Team Member
Behaviour Support Team Member
Pay Range: Grade C (£20,331 – £23,869 p.a.)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Part-time 37 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Contract Term: Permanent
Application Close: 4th November 2022
We are looking to appoint a new member of our behaviour support team to work with House Leaders, pastoral staff and senior staff to help support pupils who display challenging behaviours. The successful applicant will:
- be able to work in small groups and one-to-one to deliver strategic and bespoke programmes for young people who are demonstrating challenging behaviour / vulnerability – these programmes include: consequential thinking; developing empathy and emotional intelligence; developing confidence / self-esteem; anger management
- maintain detailed records about each session, and communicate in a timely way with the appropriate line managers
- supervise pupils who have been isolated due to behaviour misdemeanours, and provide an intervention during that isolation to support pupils in reflecting upon their behaviour, and identifying progress steps
- provide supervision for homework support group until 4pm
The role is a challenging and fulfilling one. The post holder will need to be a skilled communicator and be passionate about wanting all young people to be the best version of themselves.
To discuss the role further, please contact Ms Amanda Wood (Deputy Headteacher) via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why William Edwards School?
William Edwards is a large, successful, harmonious and thriving mixed 11-16 comprehensive school. Pupil outcomes across the school are historically strong. However, life at William Edwards is about so much more than just GCSE outcomes and we understand and value the importance of pupil-centred education.
Following the school’s most recent inspection in May 2019, Ofsted said that “pupils who spoke to inspectors were effusive about their experience in school” and that “the pastoral system offers high quality support on a daily basis”. They added that “behaviour around the school is calm”.
This is an exciting time to join SWECET as the Trust has recently grown to 6 schools. SWECET is a realistic and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.