Assistant Chief Financial Officer
SWECET is a Multi Academy Trust of six schools with aspirations to grow and is in a strong financial position. The Assistant Chief Financial Officer will be based in the Trust’s central Finance & Business Team, currently based at William Edwards School in Thurrock, with regular visits to our schools across Thurrock and Havering.
We are seeking to appoint an excellent, experienced Assistant Chief Financial Officer to join the team. This is a great opportunity to make a difference to our pupils’ lives by supporting our schools to manage, monitor and control their budgets and ensure they provide the best value education available. You will work with senior leaders including our Executive Team and Head Teachers, providing financial data that shape and inform key decision making and ensure up to date and accurate forecasting. You will be responsible for ensuring all income, staffing and other expenditure is correctly accounted for and will need excellent analytical and numerical abilities, alongside a keen eye for detail and good oral and written communication skills
Successful candidates will have:
- Previous experience working within education finance would be desirable;
- Proven experience of effective line management that aligns to the values and vision of the Trust;
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting financial and management accounts, reports and data;
- High expectations of performance;
- The ability to support others and work as part of a team; and
- A formal accountancy qualification and education to degree level is desirable.
We can offer:
- The support of an experienced Chief Operating Officer;
- Excellent professional development opportunities;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Access to our health and wellbeing package; and
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our Finance Team, we look forward to hearing from you.
Please return your completed application form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.