William Edwards School is a happy and positive school looking to appoint an Administration Assistant to be a key player in the day-to-day running of the school office. The school office is a busy positive place to work, the administration assistant responsibilities include telephone duties and to deal with daily enquiries from parents, staff and pupils, including general administration. This role is a good opportunity for someone who has the enthusiasm to learn about wider administrative processes and wants to get involved in the busy life of a secondary school.
We are looking for a person who:
- is organised and able to prioritise workload
- has excellent communication skills using all forms of communication (email, face to face, telephone, written letters)
- is confident and able to work on their own initiative
- works well with others and is calm under pressure
- has the interests of children at the heart of the work that they do
- Has good ICT skills and able to use all Microsoft packages (Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint)
This is an exciting time to join SWECET. In recent years the Trust has grown to 6 schools with the opening of the new Orsett Heath Academy. SWECET is a realistic, sensible and forward-thinking Trust which genuinely values its workforce.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Senior Leadership Team
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.