1-2-1 Learning Support Assistant
Learning Support Assistant with a named pupil
Pay Range: Grade B (£12,911 – £14,576)
Position Start Date: As soon as possible
Contract Type: Part-time – 27 hours & 5 minutes per week; 37 weeks per year
Contract Term: Fixed Term – linked to named pupil until August 2029
Close Date: 30th October 2022
Why Deneholm Primary School?
Deneholm Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school looking to appoint a highly effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. They will support the delivery of high quality learning experiences working on a one to one basis with named pupils. Knowledge of managing children with speech and language difficulties, ADHD or children with ASD in Early Years/KS1 and KS2 would be beneficial. We are an Ofsted Good school with pupil’s personal development and welfare being noted as a strength “The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development, behaviour and welfare is outstanding.” Ofsted 2018
- be highly experienced in working with children with ASD
- be aware of or have knowledge of ABA approach
- have experience working with children who present with challenging behaviour and have a passion for this kind of work
- be committed to setting boundaries within the classroom and passionate about making a difference
- have the ability to create positive learning environments
- have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
- have a strong and caring personality and be calm, patient and firm
- have good organisation and communication skills
- be committed to providing a ‘child-centred nurturing’ ethos, collaborative team-work and flexible working.
We are a Multi Academy Trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances.
In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. To speak to the recruitment team for more information, please email email@example.com
Please return your completed application form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.