1-2-1 Learning Support Assistant
Position Title: 1-2-1 Learning Support Assistant
Pay Range: Grade B (13,111 – £14,802 pro-rata)
Position Start Date: ASAP
Contract Type: 27.5 hours per week, term time (37 weeks a year)
Contract Term: Fixed-term linked to name pupil until August 2029
Application Close: Monday 19th September 2022 9:00am
Chadwell St Mary Primary School is an extremely happy and positive school looking to appoint an effective, caring, enthusiastic and experienced Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and supportive team. They will support the delivery of high quality learning experiences working on a one to one basis with a named pupil. Experience with EYFS and/or ASD children would be desirable but not essential.
We are an Ofsted Good school with effectiveness of leadership and management being noted as a strength “The executive Headteacher and head of school lead the school’s work with resolve and determination. They have established a culture of aspiration for pupils’ learning and behaviour. All members of staff who responded to Ofsted’s online survey say they are proud to work at the school.” Ofsted May 2019
- Be part of a team to provide high quality care and support for children with a range of social, emotional and behavioural difficulties.
- Be committed to pastoral care, collaborative team-work and flexible working.
- Be warm, positive, reflective adaptive, patient, confident, cooperative, organised, flexible and sensitive to families from diverse backgrounds is essential.
- Have high expectations of pupil attainment and behaviour
- Have evidence of ability to enthuse and motivate pupils
- have good organisation and communication skills
- Be committed to providing a ‘child-centred nurturing’ ethos.
We are a multi-academy trust who wish to ensure our profession remains supportive and exciting, and we welcome all candidates including those embarking on their first stage of their career. This is an exciting time to join SWECET, which was established in 2015 with the belief that every young person in our community needs and deserves an education that will maximise their future life chances. In return for their dedication to achieving our vision, we offer our colleagues:
- The support of an experienced Headteacher;
- A supportive and friendly work environment;
- Becoming part of a growing organisation;
- Full and comprehensive induction with training and tailored pathways for individual career progression;
- Competitive salaries;
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- A health and wellbeing package;
- A two week October half term; and
- Reduced gym membership at a Trust school.
If you have energy and passion in abundance and would relish the opportunity to be part of our team, we look forward to hearing from you. Visits from prospective candidates are warmly welcomed and encouraged. To arrange a visit, please Email [email protected]
Please return your letter of application and completed form to:
c/o William Edwards School
Stifford Clays Road
Email [email protected]
South West Essex Community Education Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants for this post must be willing to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and an enhanced DBS check with the Disclosure & Barring Service.